Engaging Papers is an online stationer offering invitations and coordinated wedding stationary. Choose from their selection of designer invitations or if you’re looking for something a little more unique, request a Free Consultation and a designer can dream up an invitation that’s just for you!
From Wedding Invitations and Save The Dates to Day of Stationary and Thank You’s – these stationary guru’s are your one-stop-shop for the best in custom creations that are sure to WOW your guests. Take a look a these gorgeous invitations.
The Custom Creations department and designers can dream up invitations that are just for you. Engaging Papers is just as excited as you are about your big day and they are here to ensure your vision is taking into reality.
When planning a wedding one of the most stressed over tasks is choosing the perfect location. The options are limitless. In fact, destination weddings are on the rise. More and more couples are deciding to leave the comfort of their hometowns and say their vows hundreds of miles from home. Today, one out of every four weddings is a destination wedding.
If you were iffy about planning a destination wedding before, we are sure you will want to now. Don’t forget to register for Wedding Salon’s upcoming CTO Romance Pavilion show. Our Romance Pavilion show will supply you with all the resources you will need to plan the perfect destination wedding.
And of course our beloved celebrities are not behind on this trend. They’re planning weddings in beautiful cities all over the world, from the beaches in Mexico to chapels in England. Here are a couple of our favorite celebrity destination weddings from the past year.
Jason Aldean & Brittany Kerr
This beautiful couple got married on March 21, 2015 on the Playa Del Carmen in Mexico. So far from home, and still these two were able to bring their country style to their Caribbean nuptails, with no shoes or ties.
Johnny Depp & Amber Heard
These two said their “I do’s” on a private beach in the Bahamas in February in front of a few dozen of their closest friends and family.
Benedict Cumberbatch & Sophie Hunter
This perfect couple tied the knot on February 14th 2015. Valentine’s Day, in the St. Peter’s and St. Paul’s church in England. The stunning Sophia Hunter marched down the aisle in a beautiful Valentino gown.
George Clooney & Amal Alamuddin
This wedding is one of our all time favorites, we can get not get enough of these two. George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin got married in Venice, Italy in the Aman Hotel on September 27th. The couple, as well as their 100 guests, were shuttled abound Venice’s canals in taxi boats.
Nail the nude look with the new Softshades Collection by OPI
on your Wedding Day
THINK: Soft sheer shades and coveted nude mattes
OPI has just released its brand new nail collection, Softshades. The line is composed of lacquers, gels, and limited edition nail art kits all in brand new must-have shades. OPI is celebrating the lighter side of nail color by adding blushes, nudes, and matte shades to their high-fashion line. If you didn’t already love OPI, we are sure you will now.
Not only are these shades perfect for everyday wear, but the nudes and springtime sheers will look flawless as you head down the aisle on your big wedding day.With names like Chiffon My Mind, I Couldn’t Bare Less!, and Petal Soft, we’re sure you will fall in love with these colors just like we have.
Our personal favorite from the collection, The Look of Crystal Kit, contains real Swarovski crystals! Two of our favorite brands all wrapped up in one and on our fingertips. We’re sure your bridesmaids will enjoy this one too, who doesn’t love a little shimmer.
The Softshades collection is now available at ULTA, ULTA.com and at select professional salons.
Complete Wedding Checklist From Here Comes The Guide
No fear, Here Comes The Guide is here! Yes, this is the best Wedding Checklist that we have come across to date and we could not help but share the knowledge! Planning a wedding gets pretty overwhelming at times and most wedding checklists are just too damn long and stressful.. Ditch those crazy lists that make you a crazy bridezilla and rope in your priority with this comprehensive wedding checklist!
10–12 Months To Go
6–9 Months To Go
- Continue researching, interviewing and booking vendors. And don’t forget, when you hire one make sure to put everything in writing!
- Decide on arrangements with your Floral Designer.
- Do a tasting and choose your wedding cake with your Cake Designer.
- Hire the DJ/Entertainment for your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.
- Discuss the style and wording of your wedding invitations with a Stationer.
- Create your gift registry (and don’t forget to update your wedding website!).
- Arrange hotel room blocks for out-of-town guests and book your own suite for the wedding night.
- Shop for bridesmaid/flower girl dresses and give your attendants clear instructions on how to place their orders.
- Arrange and book any necessary transportation.
- Go over bridal shower/bachelorette details and the guest list with the person(s) hosting your party.
3–5 Months To Go
- Book the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner location(s). If you’re including entertainment or specialty details like a groom’s cake, now’s the time to lock in these elements.
- Put together your rehearsal dinner guest list
- Make childcare arrangements for your guests’ kids.
- Reserve all necessary party rentals and linens.
- Order wedding favors for your guests.
- Shop for and reserve men’s formalwear.
- Concentrate on finalizing the:
- Guest list. Get everyone’s mailing address.
- Invitation wording. Confirm your invitation text with the Stationer, and consider additional stationery (programs, menu cards, place cards, thank-you cards, etc.). Schedule a pickup date for your invites.
- Ceremony readings and vows.
- Menu, beverage and catering details.
- Timeline of the reception formalities.
- Do a Makeup & Hair trial and book your stylists. While you’re at it, come up with your own beauty and fitness regimen to be camera-ready for the big day.
- Shop for and purchase your wedding rings.
- Finalize honeymoon plans and obtain all necessary documents (are you sure your passports are up to date?).
6–8 Weeks To Go
- You’re getting close…. Mail out those invitations! Have a game plan for recording the RSVPs and meal choices.
- Touch base with your vendors to confirm date, deposits and details.
- Start researching marriage license requirements and name-change paperwork.
- Begin your dress fittings. Be sure to buy the appropriate undergarments beforehand.
- So you think you can’t dance? Consider taking a dance lesson with your fiancé—a good way to break in your bridal shoes!
- Give the wedding party a nudge—make sure they’ve ordered all necessary attire.
- Write thank-you cards for shower gifts and any early wedding gifts received.
3–5 Weeks To Go
- Send out rehearsal dinner invitations. If your get-together will be informal, feel free to send an Evite.
- Finalize and confirm:
- Wedding vows and readings with your Officiant.
- Shot list with your Photographer/Videographer.
- Song list for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception with your DJ and/or Band/Musicians.
- Timeline for the reception and who’s giving the toasts.
- Wedding night and honeymoon accommodations.
- Obtain marriage license and complete name-change documents, if applicable.
- Pick up your wedding rings and proofread any engraving!
- If you’re the traditional type, do you have something old, new, borrowed and blue?
- Purchase your guest book, toasting flutes, cake servers, unity candle, and all that good stuff.
- Buy gifts (optional) for the wedding party and parents of the bride and groom.
- Have your final dress fitting. Bring your shoes and accessories for the full impact
- Sigh. Hunt down whoever hasn’t RSVP’d yet.
1–2 Weeks To Go
- Give your caterer/venue the final guest count.
- Arrange seating and create the seating chart and/or place cards.
- Pick up your gown. Swoon.
- Confirm arrival times and finalize the wedding timeline with vendors and the wedding party—make sure your MOH has a copy, too.
- Put together your own Bridal Emergency Kit.
- Speaking of emergencies: Check the weather report, and if things look iffy contact your venue to make sure a contingency plan is in place.
- Start packing for your honeymoon. (See “weather report” above.)
- In desperate need of a facial or massage? Now’s the time to squeeze one in
The Day Before…
- Make sure all wedding-day items are packed/laid out and ready to go! (Don’t forget the rings and marriage license!)
- Figure out tips and final payments for vendors. Put them in clearly marked envelopes and give them to the Best Man or another person you trust to hand out at the reception.
- Assign someone to pack up your gifts/belongings after the reception (don’t forget the top tier of your cake!).
- Thank your BFF for agreeing to return your groom’s tux and other rental items the day after the wedding.
- Enjoy a mani-pedi.
- Attend the rehearsal and dinner. Now’s the time to give out wedding party gifts.
- Try to go to bed early…you need your beauty sleep tonight.
Here Comes The Bride!
- Allow plenty of time to get ready.
- Do the rounds at your wedding—greet everyone and thank them for coming.
- Take a deep breath. Stop to appreciate your new spouse and the day that you spent so much time planning!
After the Honeymoon/Back to Reality
- Write and send thank-you cards. (Don’t procrastinate!)
- Complete your registry and exchange any unwanted or duplicate gifts.
- Have your wedding dress cleaned and preserved by a reputable company.
- Keep in touch with your Photographer/Videographer to work on albums, DVDs, etc.
- Enjoy wedded bliss…
DOWNLOAD THE PDF CHECKLIST
Over the years Tatiana Byron, Wedding Salon founder and CEO, has become very close with many industry professionals, but one person in particular holds a special place in our hearts, Sylvia Weinstock. Just to refresh your memory, Sylvia Weinstock is a ground breaking celebrity cake maker that has been a huge influencer and part of the Wedding Salon family. At 93 years old she still schedules regular lunch dates with Tatiana. In 2015 it’s not often to have such an amazing mentor and unique bond. The truth is, these two have so much in common it’s very easy to see why they have become such close pals. Both Tatiana and Sylvia are self made, driven, business women. They both share a love for the wedding industry and have become extremely successful business women. Cheers to all the successful women and mothers out there taking on life one day at a time!
If you don’t know much about Sylvia, read the article from the Wall Street Journal, it will inspire you to go for your dreams. Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too!
Kimbery Callet, David Berke, Tatiana Byron, Sylvia Weinstock, and Mara Urshel back at a Wedding Salon event in 2011