Brides, grooms, parents and friends alike all gathered at The Loews Madison Hotel in Washington D.C. on Monday to plan their weddings. Guests were presented with the modern trends of the season; including cascaded beading, artful foods, white and gold color pallets, and textured linens that could electrify any wedding.
Hot Wedding Trends Emerging from Wedding Salon in Washington DC:
1. Cascaded beading: The featured Ava Laurenne gowns scattered throughout the show were absolutely stunning. Cascaded beading is the hot wedding gown movement; with the most dazzling beading just pouring down the gown, your gown is sure catch the lighting perfectly in every photo.
2. Artful foods: Food at events is a crucial part of your guests’ experience. Who wouldn’t want to make it enjoyable to look at as well as eat? Maison Culinaire provided samples of a few colorful hors d’oeuvres that caught everyone’s eyes (and taste buds). Yum!
3. White and gold color pallets: Trying to decide on your wedding colors? The white and gold combination was a huge trend. The simplicity and tradition of white, blended with the elegance and royalty of gold, stands for a beautiful masterpiece.
4. Textured linens: Yes, we said textured linens. A great way to spice up your wedding reception area is covering your tables with textured linens. They can still match your color scheme, and there are plenty of textures and designs you could choose between. From elegant to bold, your guests are sure to notice the details!
Washington D.C. couples, we are officially one week away from our amazing event. We are proud to feature to TOP wedding vendors serving the Washington D.C. area. The evening of luxury will be filled with cake tastings, cocktails, gown previews, mini makeover, and much more.
September 21st 2015 – Loews Madison Hotel – 4 PM -8 PM
THE KNOT | WeddingWire | BRIDES Magazine
FEATURED AT THE SHOW
Charm City Cakes
Ava Laurenne Gowns
OTHER AMAZING RESOURCES YOU WILL SEE AT OUR SHOW
Beauty trials with Style Me Bar and Beauty in a Beat
Fitness inspiration for “shredding for the wedding” by Pure Barre
Beauty and health enhancement from Philips Zoom and The West Institute
Entertainment by DJ Angie D Entertainment and Washington’s Best Musicians, Photo & Video
Tasty cocktails and beverages by The Cocktail Guru and Travelling Bean-Specialty Beverage Catering Co.
Desserts and tastings by Ashley’s Sweet Beginnings, Better Event Catering, Maison Culinaire and Charm City Cakes
Photo opportunity fun with ShutterBooth and Weddings By Lee
Venues and Travel for your wedding locations and honeymoons including Aruba Tourism Authority, Hills of Africa, Honeymoon Islands, Mexico Tourism Board, O’ahu Visitors Bureau, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Ronald Reagan Building and International Center, Fort Myer Officers’ Club, Shoals Club on Bald Head Island, Goldstone Inn & Restaurant, The Ritz Carlton Aruba, Sandals Resorts and The Cove Atlantis, Paradise Island
Wedding Salon Swag Bag includes: Acure, Caress, Cold-EEZE, Cosnova, Gold Ink Tattoo, Grand Central Beauty, Honest Tea, Johnson’s Popcorn, My M&M’s, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, POND’s, Udderly Smooth by Redex, Suave, VIP Sparklers,
+ Magazines: The Knot, Destination Weddings & Honeymoons, Perfect Wedding Guide, Premier Bride DC, Modern Luxury, Wedding Location, and more!
Want to Come? Register here!
The biggest current argument in men’s wedding fashion, bow tie vs. neck tie. We honestly cannot pick which we like better. There are just too many amazing combinations to totally rule one out. If you weren’t confused before, you might be now, because these men are really rocking their wedding day fashion.
Left Picture: Bryce Covey Photography on Style Me Pretty
Top Right: Kristilee Parish Photography on Wedding Chicks
Bottom Right: Anna Rosell on Love My Dress
Left Picture: KT Merry Photography via Style Me Pretty
Top Right: Alix’s photography on 100 Layer Cake
Bottom Right: Bryce Covey Photography via Style Me Pretty
The good part is, you might be able to have your cake and eat it too, if you can’t decide. Separating the groom from the groomsmen is very often done through the differentiation in bow tie or neck tie. The bow tie translates into a more formal look and is usually reserved for the groom, but traditional is waning so throw the rules out the window and go with your heart. Any other inspiration you want to throw our way is welcomed with open arms.
Of course everyone wants sparkling white chomps for everyday life. But for your wedding day… it’s necessary! Here are the top five reasons why getting your teeth whitened for the big day is an absolute must:
Photo credit: Adams & Cheek Dentistry
- If you are wearing white, it is going to be way more noticeable if your teeth are not just as bright and healthy.
- You will feel super awkward if your photographer has to Photoshop your yellow teeth for your wedding photos.
- Meeting your new spouse’s family members for the first time? You HAVE to look your best.
- You’ll look, and feel, absolutely stunning on your honeymoon. No professional photographer to whiten up those teeth!
- …Who doesn’t want white teeth?
Wondering when you need to start the teeth whitening process? If you should do it yourself at home or go get it done professionally? How much you should expect to spend? We recommend that you turn to the experts, Philips Zoom. They have every option you can imagine available so you can get an idea of whats best for you in your price point.
1. SUPER LUSH
Classy does not have to be the perfectly round bouquet anymore. Go SUPER lush to create the classy feel that nature offers. This Romantic Ojai Valley Inn Wedding is a must see for couples planning to have a high end wedding with natural elements.
2. ALL WHITE.
It’s simple with the sophisticated edge. All white bouquets with textural greenery create a expensive look. We are adoring the attention this pretty MODERN meets RUSTIC CLASSY is getting in a Wyoming wedding . It’s a collision of wonderful, don’t you think?
Creating a natural element is all about featuring the SOFT elements with textural elements in your bouquets. Take this stunner as your shining example.
4. TIE IT UP WITH A BOW
Dress those pretty flowers up with some ribbons and bows. Bouquets tend to become even more beautiful when you add flowing elements. This bouquet features greens such as silver dollar eucalyptus and plumosus fern to tie in the natural element with the classy feel. It’s all in the details after all! And don’ forget to stop and see the rest of this gorgeous wedding on Style Me Pretty.
5. RICH COLORS.
Do it, we dare you! Grey Likes Weddings features this insanely rich colored bouquet in the most gorgeous lakeside wedding. SWOONING…. are you?
Did we miss something you have been seeing? PLEASE share it with us in a comment! We love to see more.
Engaging Papers is an online stationer offering invitations and coordinated wedding stationary. Choose from their selection of designer invitations or if you’re looking for something a little more unique, request a Free Consultation and a designer can dream up an invitation that’s just for you!
From Wedding Invitations and Save The Dates to Day of Stationary and Thank You’s – these stationary guru’s are your one-stop-shop for the best in custom creations that are sure to WOW your guests. Take a look a these gorgeous invitations.
The Custom Creations department and designers can dream up invitations that are just for you. Engaging Papers is just as excited as you are about your big day and they are here to ensure your vision is taking into reality.