The color white is reserved for your wedding day but does that mean it can’t carry over to other events? This issue sparks a lot of controversy among brides who are trying to figure out what to wear to their rehearsal dinner– can I wear white the day/night before my wedding? Some say yes it’s fine and some say no, don’t even dare. Personally, I think a short white dress is appropriate and if it resembles anything like what your wedding dress is going to look like then go ahead. It’s a sneak peek. Your rehearsal dinner gives you freedom to dress however you want but still look appropriate for the venue, your company (think about older in-laws) and type of meal.
If you want to splurge on this dress and have the funds to do so, go ahead and don’t feel guilty. A tasteful dress is always the best way to go especially for the in-laws who may be more conservative. You’ll need to evaluate what type of dinner you’re having and where. For example, a BBQ may warrant a short sun dress but an embellished designer gown is not your best option. This Fashion Friday, we’re giving you some ideas for what dresses we think are appropriate for you to wear and get a Wedding Salon thumbs up! (All links to dresses are attached to photos)
Aidan Mattox at Nordstrom
Open Back Dress From Zara
Diane Von Furstenberg
I hope some of these dresses gave you an idea of what to wear to your rehearsal dinner. A pop of color is fun, especially if it’s in your wedding’s color palette or go with an off white or gold.
You’re not sure what kind of skin you’re in? Dermalogica – the world’s leading professional skin care brand offers free professional Face Mapping® skin analysis for customized results that will help you to find the problem zone to be treated with award-winning skin care products. Their goal is to guide you to a new level of skin health fitness, for your Big Day and years after.
On Wednesday night, brides-to-be and their guests had an amazing opportunity to meet select vendors at our Bridal Bootcamp at Jenny Yoo flagship boutique in New York. Ten vendors made up the panel answering brides’ questions about the latest trends. It was a great success! For those who missed this interesting event, we’ll briefly enlighten you with their input so you don’t miss a thing.
What are some upcoming summer trends you’re seeing?
- NST Pictures, specializing on cinematic video films suggests making a save-the-date video because it’s more personalized and can show the story of you and your fiancé, and also gives guests a better opportunity to get to know you as a couple and they can feel more connected and excited about the wedding.
- Figure 4 workout classes offering by Pure Yoga is the hottest program that can help brides-to be get in terrific shape before the big day so that they look their best. It combines elements of classic dance training, yoga, and free weights to build the best body possible.
- When talking about wedding cakes, an expert from a custom cake boutique Cake & Co mentioned that this summer wedding cakes with clean lines, more colorful decorations and crazy flavors (such as different flavors on each tier of the cake – and unique flavors) are the most wanted.
- Dr.Russak from Russak Dermatology considered that backless dresses are more and more common – as is the realization that during the ceremony most people are staring at your back, so there is a new focus on taking care of the entire body’s skin.
- Floral designers at Gracious Décor proposed to use hydrangeas, orchids and ice crystals for added drama in tall vases as wedding centerpieces. The hottest color trends are champagne golds, soft blush pinks, pastels, purples, olive green with white, very soft and calm colors.
- Uniform strapless bridesmaids dresses from Jenny Yoo, with 2 panels in the front and 2 in the back, that they can use in different ways to create looks for the reception that are more flattering for their specific body type.
What should brides be aware of when booking a vendor?
- Metamorphosis – one of the leading makeup, hair and skincare company, suggests booking as early as possible. Booking exactly 1 year in advance to your wedding is recommended, because you’ll have enough time to prepare your skin and find the makeup products that best compliment you at that time of year on your big day.
- Before meeting with a design company that focuses on wedding invitations and stationery, be sure to do your homework. Make a deep research online on styles and paper types you like and don’t like to make your meeting fun and productive, Creative Outlook Designs advised.
- When it comes to your honeymoon, Mexico Tourism Board, specializing on destination weddings and honeymoons in Mexico, take caution to book it online, because only a specialist knows all about travelling and can give you the best advice on what is right for you and your fiancé.
- Opting for a band? 45 Riot, NY-based music band, proposed to see the band live to get a better idea of what you are looking for and whether or not the band fits your needs. Talk to musicians, not sales people and ask about available options and music styles they play, because entertainment leaves an impression.
At the end of the evening some of our brides-to-be were lucky to win amazing giveaways, such as a free Latisse giveaway from Russak Dermatology, a free skin consultation (worth $100) from Metamorphosis and the most generous giveaway from Mexico Tourism Board that one bride found underneath of her chair cushions – an all-inclusive honeymoon trip to one of the most luxurious Mexican resorts.
Congratulations and big thank you to all our wonderful vendors and brides! Our next Bridal Showcase in New York is in July and we can’t wait to see you there!
Great news for all South Florida brides-to-be from Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau! They’re hosting the It’s So Miami Wedding Showcase and Miami Romance Kick Off at the lovely Westin Colonnade hotel (118 Aragon Avenue, Coral Gables) from noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday, June 2, 2013. While tasting delicious sweet and savory samples brides and grooms will have a chance to meet and learn more about the best vendors in Miami wedding industry. They also promised prizes awarded every 30 minutes including the grand prize of a 7-Day MSC Cruise! You can register here for this event.
And to continue with your wedding planning, don’t forget to visit our Wedding Salon Showcase on June 10, 2013. Details here.
Paradise on earth exists! Fiji has been known as one of the most romantic places in the world – blessed with 333 islands in the heart of the South Pacific, Fiji offers breathtaking beaches, award-winning resorts and spas, adventure activities, and romantic getaways. These attractions are just some of the reasons why, in 2012, the country was rated the happiest in the world by the WIN-Gallup International Barometer of Happiness. And Tourism Fiji can make you absolutely happy by organizing the trip to paradise either to spend your honeymoon or to celebrate your wedding.
Watching your weight before your wedding day is something a majority of brides do. Staying fit, eating healthy, drinking water and sleeping enough is everything you need to look amazing and beautiful but this shouldn’t stop after you say “I Do,” it should be a way of life. What gets a lot of people off track is hunger pangs and constantly feeling deprived of foods you loved before you went on a diet. Don’t fall off the wagon and keep at it. Here is our list of healthy snacks to keep you satisfied and slim.
1. Sliced tomatoes with drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of feta
3. Ricotta boats: bell pepper cut into quarters topped with 2 tbs of fat-free ricotta cheese
4. Peanut Butter and Apple Slices
5. 1/2 cup edamame
6. Kashi chewy granola bars
7. Greek yogurt
8. Frozen juice fruit bars
9. Light cheese stick
10. Brown rice cake with 1tbs almond butter
11. One mini cheese, 8 almonds, and 10 baby carrots
12. 1 1/4 oz turkey jerky
13. 1 package plain express oatmeal
14. Tall skinny skim latte
15. 2 oz oven roasted turkey breast
Snacking should be kept to under 200 calories and should be eaten mid-day and mid-afternoon. Fruits and vegetables are always good but watch for calories in hummus and dressing. Look for snacks that are low in sodium and high in protein and/or fiber.