If you’re looking for an outdoor experience, then clearly you should get married with Mother Nature. An outdoor wedding may seem like a good idea until something goes wrong. Again with weighing options (yep, a pros and cons list!), we took the time to break things down and make the decision for you!
Pros of an Outdoor Wedding
- You’re free to choose themes that do not conflict with a church or synagogue. Sometimes certain indoor venues call for traditional and/or conservative wedding themes- when you’re outside you’re able to use almost any theme you want.
- You’re saving money. Reserving a park or other outdoor venue is more wallet friendly than many indoor venues.
- You can accommodate more guests. Forget about cramming everyone into a small space, outdoor weddings are spacious!
- Beautiful scenery. This will save you money on flowers and decorations because the scenery is provided. You also are using ambient light that reflect beautifully off a ocean, lake, grass, etc.
- Amazing wedding photos. You can’t have a waves crashing in the background at a church.
Cons of an Outdoor Wedding
- Weather. This could seriously put a damper on your day. You can’t control the weather so try to plan accordingly.
- You’re going to have to deal with rentals. Getting married outside means that the venue won’t be providing tables and chairs and this means unexpected costs and problems.
- Transportation. How are you getting everyone there? If your wedding is located off the beaten path this may pose a problem towards guests trying to get there and you’ll have to pay for transportation (golf carts, ATV, etc.)
- Environment. We already mentioned weather but aside from rain, heat and humidity can make everyone uncomfortable.
- Wildlife. What if a rabbit hops across the aisle- it’ll be awkward and cute. Birds pooping on guets and spiders crawling up their legs does not call for a good time.
When in doubt, obviously do what makes you comfortable and makes the most sense.