Last nights Wedding Bootcamp was full of so much information that we have to share it with all our engaged couples! Shawn Rabideau of Shawn Rabideau Events & Design spoke to our couples about ceremony and reception trends!
Here is what Shawn had to say!
- Bridal parties are getting smaller. Often times they will just have a maid-of-honor & best man or even none at all.
- Cocktail party receptions where you phase into the party are also trendy. Stations, small plates and appetizers!
- Engaged couples want a fun atmosphere – they want to create a party environment focused on having a good time.
- Always start your planning process with a budget. A planner is key and can really help you with this.
- Make sure that before you hire a planner you interview them. You will be working closely with them for up to a year, you want to make sure it’s a good fit for both of you.
- Weddings are stressful, so it’s important that you don’t lose sight of what the purpose is.